Peterborough City Council and TACT have entered into an innovative and ground-breaking partnership that will improve outcomes for children and young people in care and on the edge of care.
The new permanency service will begin on 1st April 2017 with TACT delivering fostering and adoption services on behalf of Peterborough City Council. The new service will reduce the council’s reliance on higher cost independent fostering and residential placements as well as offering high quality training and support to all foster carers, adopters or relatives looking after children who come into care in Peterborough.
Being a foster carer is a job like no other. Our foster carers provide loving homes and life-changing care for children who can no longer live with their birth families, giving them brighter, happier futures.
The reasons that children come into care and their backgrounds can be very different. However, they do have one thing in common; they all need security, stability and a safe place to call home. Working together, we support our foster carers throughout their fostering journey to help transform the lives of children and young people.
As a foster carer for the Peterborough TACT Permanency Service you will benefit from:
• A high frequency of placements. Our foster carers will always be considered first for every placement
• A competitive professional fee, worked out depending on the detail of each placement
• 24/7 support ensuring that whatever you face as a foster carer you are never alone
• Your own designated Social Worker to support you throughout your fostering journey
• All surplus income being invested into support and services for you and the children in your care
• An excellent training package, tailored to your needs and those of the children placed with you
• Regular meetings and support groups, giving you the chance to meet other foster carers and share experience